Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Brief Tuesday

I'll finish the second part of a typical week over the weekend. It's for friends and family who have never visited me and probably never will. Just to give them an idea of life in the UAE. Anyway, if you live and work in the UAE you might want to check out a site called SearchMe , the address is http://www.searchme.ae/ and if it's in the UAE you can search the site and find where in the UAE to go and get it or do it or eat it. It's free and well worth a visit. The link is also on my list of Places I Visit.
Another link there is to BitLord. Just click on it and then download the software. One version, the one I use, is free. Just use the search function to find the CD you want, check to make sure the small bar on the right is green all the way across and then download while you go watch TV or cook or whatever. Free music and it's safe. No spyware. They also have movies and TV to download, but I don't have a DVD burner so I haven't bothered. I work with a guy who gets a lot of films from the site.
If you despise President (god how that sounds) Bush as much as I do you should check out this article on Salon.

Is There Life After Bush? By Gary Kamiya

http://www.salon.com/opinion/kamiya/2007/02/20/after_bush/

It's an interesting take on hating Bush. Also, if you're at the Salon site you might check out The Blog Report. This gives short shots from lots of political blogs from the right and the left and you can click on the links to read the entire post or visit the blog.

http://blogreport.salon.com/default.aspx

No comments: