Monday, February 26, 2007

A Typical Week (not) Part 2

Last week ended as a not so typical week, but I’ll finish this post off anyway. On Wednesday, work was total chaos and in the middle of the chaos I found out that some important paperwork I need to complete my new contract is still stuck in the Ministry here. And I’m bumping up against the wall on a few items like my residence visa and my rent (which is usually paid yearly). If any of you knew my Dad, you know that he was angry a lot. I’m not really like that, but when I do get angry and frustrated it ain’t pretty. I had 3 arguments with two different people in the space of fifteen minutes, then typed up an angry fax that I ran over to the admin block to send to the Ministry, before leaving work for the day. I think the Major gets upset when I get angry and he was trying to calm me down. Anyway, when I left work on Wednesday with a 3-day weekend ahead, I was nobody’s sweetheart. So, when work is stressful and I’ve heard my name called about 100 times too many during the course of the day and I’m also angry and frustrated, I put the wagons in a circle.
Basically, I hid out all weekend. I put down the serious book I was reading, Against All Enemies by Richard Clarke and dived into detective fiction. I like to escape. I read Do Unto Others by Jeff Abbott, the first in the Jordan Poteet series. Then I moved on to The Bite by Michael Crow, the second in the Luther Ewing series. Both great reads when you want to escape. I watched four episodes from the new series of 24, up to where Jack’s sister-in-law and Milo are on the run from Jack’s father’s bad guys. I watched Dreamgirls, which I ended up really liking. Jennifer Hudson deserved that Oscar. I watched several old episodes of Absolutely Fabulous, played on the internet and slept.
Hopefully this week I’ll get those papers out of that Ministry, pay my rent on Thursday and finally get to open that 12-year old bottle of Jameson’s I have in the cabinet which I bought to celebrate signing the new contract. We live in hope.

No comments: